1.1K views

I would NEVER recommend these scam artists to anyone!I signed up to pay $25 per session ONLY when I actually met with the trainer.

I met with a trainer once which was a complete waste of my time and money! She was always late(and rarely available)and only spent 15-20 minutes with me. I expected to learn how to use the gym equipment to my benefit but all she did was have me do crunches and throw a ball back and forth! She didn't teach me anything or even set up a workout routine for me!

After the first session the horrible EFT company left my Retro Fitness location. I discovered that they continued to bill me each month even though I did NOT meet with a trainer! When I signed up I was told over and over again that this would NOT be a contract and that I would only get billed when I met with my trainer. I was given the run around for quite sometime before I went to EFT's website and found a phone number.

Only after me acting completely irate and screaming did they agree to cancel my "contract" that they claimed I signed up for! At that point, I was so disgusted that I didn't even demand my money back for the sessions I was charged for.

I was simply relieved to be done with them!A TOTAL SCAM AND WASTE OF MONEY!

Had an Experience with The Eft Group?

Comments

Sounds like most of you hated eft.I truly feel bad for all of you.

I'm a trainer in the company and hearing your issues with payments and everything is horrible. I'm assuming that most of these issues were from bad pt managers that didn't go through everything in detail.

Simply because I have 65 clients that are all happy with their contracts and understand everything very well.

So they allowed you to cancel without finishing 75% and paying $250? I got scammed by them and am trying to get out and that is what they told me. A month after I signed up they left my retro.

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, United States #678484

I am filing a suite against them today in Wilmington, DE ...total rip off artists as stated.

Wish I read these comments before I got scammed into signing up.Oh well, that's why we have a great legal system that advocates consumers.

EFT is a big scam. Totally disgusted with them.

Read the contracts and understand them 10 times before signing as there is a lot in there that needs to be understood before signing.

brittanyoconn
Lincroft, New Jersey, United States #609821

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.I signed up at the end up January.

I had suffered a sports injury and had to get surgery on my hip, so when I got back into the gym I decided to get a trainer to avoid hurting myself again. I signed up for the 12 month plan, 2 times a week-$340 a month. I expected A LOT out of this program considering the amount I was paying. I didn't think personal training was for me, and my hip started bothering me again.

I wrote them a hand-written letter via certified mail, and they called me yesterday to tell me I need to fax them a note from my doctor to VERIFY that I can't work out anymore. The girl on the phone also told me that i need to pay 10% of my yearly contract...so $389. I put down the first and last months payment less then a month ago and now they are charging me almost $1,000. I have met with the trainer 5 TIMES.

THESE PEOPLE ARE TERRIBLE.THEY WILL ROB YOU!

After reading all these complaints I would never work for EFT. And I just sent them a resume yesterday, LOL.

wow....these are true scam artist....its like a pyramid scheme....but in a service form....o they'll lie to you and tell you you can get out of the contract...but thats a complete lie...buyer beware of this company....

I would like to apologize to those who used EFT in our facility and had a bad experience. We no longer use EFT. Our personal training is in-house with an experienced personal training manager with 20yrs in the industry. Our personal training staff is experienced and ALWAYS on time. We have no auto-renew for contracts and all agreements are honored and serviced with professionalism. Again, our apologies to everyone on behalf of Retro Fitness of Wayne, NJ

Len Weiss

Retro Fitness

Personal Training Manager

Wayne, NJ

973.389.9003

Hi BBB,

BEFORE JOINING PROCESS EFT Fitness Center:- I have joined Lawrenceville Retro Fitness center one year back. In July I have joined a EFT Personal Training on July 2nd 2012. I talked to manger called Steve in EFT. I told him after 2 months if I am not interested I will can cancel my training. He told me it is fine and rate going to 35$ per half an hour total 6 months training as per documents. He never mentioned about CANCELLATION PROCESS AND CANCELLATION FEE which is 250$.

DURING 2 MONTHS WITH EFT Fitness Center:- After 2 months August 15th I have decided to use all the sessions and cancel contract. I have paid monthly fee for 280$ per month on July 2nd for July month and July 28th for August month. I stopped going to fitness center from August last week too.

AFTER 2 MONTHS i.e. decided to STOP:I got automated phone calls for EFT Billing that I my credit card is delinquined. I called EFT and asked them to cancel my contract. They gave me phone number which doesn't work. No one lifts the phone and there is no voice mail I called the number where I have automated phone calls. They are a billing company EFT paramount which doesn't cancellation it is not there job. All I have to

CANCELLATION PROCESS:: They didn't gave REQUIRED and CORRECT INFORMATION to cancel my contract. I kept calling them once Steve I can FAX a written cancellation statement to EFT Customer care. I tried get the FAX number I came to only way of...

My experience was exactly like the ones above.I was told I was fat, and was on the *** of diabetes, and that they would have me loosing weight in no time.

I was hesitant to sign up, but was assured I could cancel at any time. Well three months into it, I decided that the classes were just not worth the money, and called the same guy I signed up with to cancel, and he said "no problem, just call the corporate office". After over 20 phone calls, and 4 months later I am still fighting with them. I called the same guy who I signed up with, who told me "its cancelable at any time" and "no problem, call the corp.

office", and he refuses to pick up or return my calls. I have blocked them with my credit card company, and they now send me overdue notices. One of the guys in their collections department actually told me they were going to sue me, and have my wages garnished. Oh, and they never actually show you part of the contract, they actually apply your electronic signature to it, after you sign an electronic pad, confirming your address/ contact info.

They faxed me over a contract that they told me I signed, that I had never even seen before.

And sure enough my "electronic" signature was on it.Do not let them waste your time and money!!!